Literacy Crises

 Hey lovelies I'm not going to go super deep into this topic, mostly because it's genuinely very upsetting to me.  For a little context one of my little sisters just found out she's pregnant, and I agreed to help her brainstorm different things to help her raise the baby. I've been thinking a lot about different things on my own, I personally don't have kids nor do I want any, but one of my biggest concerns is education or lack thereof. The hard truth of the matter is that the system is failing these kids, but so are the parents everything isn't on the teachers. I will say I have focused my mind mostly on reading because it's something I really really enjoy. It has come to my attention and my shock to find out schools no longer teach phonics, I don't remember the specifics for why they decided this or when. But there are seniors in high school who can't read. All  this to say while I don't know how to help or how to fix this situation it is something I will be making sure my niblings are able to read and wright. If anyone has any advice for me to pass along to her I would greatly appreciate it!

Yours in chaos Calix😘



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

My Witchy Everything Shower